Department of Physiology
HODDr. Nisar Ahmad
Department of Physiology
The Department of Physiology started in year 2009. Physiology is a branch of medicine that deals with study of functions of human body and the regulation of different system. The goal of teaching Medical Physiology undergraduate students is to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the integrated functions of the organ systems which in turn helps understanding the basis of health and disease. It is a one year course and forms a part of one of the basic sciences for MBBS. Teaching is conducted at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels maintaining high standard.
This department consists of experienced faculties with medical degrees equivalent to doctoral / post-graduation qualifications with immense passion for teaching and research activities.
The postgraduate course in physiology was established in 2014. Some of the postgraduate projects which are going on at present are:
- Inter-arm blood pressure difference and its relation with family history of hypertension in young adults.
- Pulmonary function test in sugarcane factory workers of Barabanki District.
- Study of cardio-respiratory and biochemical parameters in obese young adults.
The Department of Physiology of this college is located in the first floor of college building .has an excellent infrastructure to aid teaching and research activities. Laboratories are equipped with basic equipments for routine experiments that help to couple with class room teaching effectively with practice learning as well as equipments for postgraduate teaching and research activities. The department has a demonstration room for small group discussions, which are equipped with audio visual facilities. Beside there is a museum with various mammalian and amphibian equipments displayed beautifully.
Hematology Lab: All the routine blood parameters such as HB%, TLC, DLC, TRBC, Arneth count, BT, CT, Blood indices are demonstrated and taught by faculty members. The hematology lab is well equipped with Binocular Microscopes. Ambhibian Lab: all the frog experiments are demonstrated by the help of suitable graphs.
Clinical Lab: In clinical lab students are inducted with all systemic clinical examination by our expert faculties in small groups.
Research lab: department have well equipped research lab with treadmill, computerized PFT analysis, ABG Analyser, Student physiograph and bycycle ergo meter for postgraduate students.
Semen analysis Lab: department has semen analysis lab for analysis of basic routine parameter of semen.
The faculties use various teaching methodologies which are of immense benefit to both medical and para-medical students. The faculties are also successfully involved in diverse research projects, and have presented papers at national and international conferences and published papers.
- Ongoing research projects in the department have been taken by the following researchers:
- Dr Manish Kumar Verma (Asst. Professor)
- Dr Afroz (JR (3)
- Dr Tanushri (JR 2)
- Lectures, practical, seminar and tutorials for MBBS students.
- Lectures and practical for nursing and DMLT students.
- Lectures, practical, seminars and journal clubs for Postgraduate students.
- Acceptance of Poster presentation on “ Effect of long term supplementation of active garlic allicin in reducing blood pressure in hypertensive subjects” in an international conference “ Hypertension Seoul, South Korea” going to be held in 24th – 29th September 2016 by Dr. Manish Verma.
Click Physiology Curriculums.